Bioplatforms Australia COVID19 Offering
Bioplatforms Australia COVID-19 Offering
National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy
Bioplatforms Australia coordinates the Commonwealth Government NCRIS investment in:
- Genomics: DNA and RNA Sequencing, virus particles and host response
- Proteomics: design and production of monoclonal antibodies, protein structure, function, biomarkers
- Metabolomics: diagnostics, biomarkers, host response, antibody production
- Bioinformatics: molecular data analysis, clinical studies
Analytical Facilities Open for Business
The national network of 15 laboratories (https://www.bioplatforms.com/infrastructure/) is established as a service to biological and medical research and can be readily mobilised to provide support to the national COVID-19 response, including
- disease surveillance
- patient monitoring
- epidemiology support
- support of drug design and testing
- support of vaccine development and testing
Our laboratory network remains open. Laboratories are fitted with state-of the-art instrumentation and are committed to scaling up activity strategically in support of COVID-19 response and research. The network is interoperable and can source reagents and materials, and expertise from around the country on a needs basis.
Our professional technical staff are highly qualified and accustomed to sample handling, aseptic technique, service delivery and methodology development. We have capacity to utilise commercially available kits as well as expertise to develop “in-house” diagnostics and screening protocols to handle overflow in acute situations.
Quality Certification and Accreditation
Bioplatforms facilities hold a variety of ISO, NATA and CDC certifications and accreditations, including:
- Human Pathology – ISO 15189 (scope currently being extended to include SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic testing)
- NATA AS ISO 15189 – 213
- Animal Health – ISO/IEC 17025: 2017
- Life Sciences – ISO/IEC 17025: 2017
- Chemical Testing – ISO 17025: 2017
- NATA AS ISO 15189 – 213
- Research & Development – ISO/IEC 17025: 2017
- OECD GLP Principles (1997) interpreted for research – Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Medical Products
- CDC for Vitamin D
We are enrolled in a number of Quality Assurance Programs including those with the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia and Certified Service Provider for vendors including Agena, illumina and Agilent.
Please contact us or any of the facility leaders and we will work as a one stop shop to assist you with your research infrastructure needs and allow you to remain focused on critical COVID-19 research.
- Andrew Gilbert, General Manager
- +61 410 538 648